Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hi everyone!

This is Amy Newberry from LCF. I am running a "test" post to make sure I know how to blog while the Haiti Summer 2010 team is away. Scott asked that I post Bible verses that God lays upon my heart while the team is doing God's work this coming week. Although I have never been to Haiti (I hope to some day), God has shown me that I have a heart for the Haitian people. Praying for Haiti is a great way to show love and support for the Haitian orphanage as well as for the mission teams that LCF sends to the country.

I prayed that God would show me the verse to start this mission trip. Considering the massive devastation that has been felt by the Haitian people, this verse is very timely from the viewpoint of our earthly home and our heavenly home. In my reading of the verse, I substituted "Jerusalem" for Haiti. It just sounds like just what the Haitian people need right now:

Isaiah 65: 17-19
"Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy. I will rejoice over Jerusalem to be a delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more."

May God bless the Haiti team as they are His hands, feet, eyes, and ears to the orphans and the mamas in St. Louis.

Amy Newberry

No comments:

Post a Comment