Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fireflies

I have always enjoyed the summer months. Perhaps it is my Texas roots that help shape my view of summer versus winter temperatures. What I love most about the summertime is sitting out on a porch with our neighbors while the fireflies seem to dance around us.

You might be wondering about the connection between fireflies and the children that lived in the St. Louis orphanage. Beautiful bonds formed between the LCF congregation and the children. It has been painful for many with the latest developments of not being able to locate the children. Yet God has other plans at this point that will ultimately bring His glory to the situation. When the LCF team first found out that the government would displace the children, many of us grieved for the loss of the connection with the children. One night we prayed in small groups for the children. Many of us felt so helpless in the situation yet knowing that God was and is in control. As we were praying, I saw a visualization in my mind of the children as fireflies on a summer night. Little lights in the darkness. They are dispersed and moved throughout Haiti, but God's light in their hearts continue to shine. Since that night, I have been focusing my prayers on our Haitian fireflies...the precious children from the orphanage.

I encourage you on your summer nights, to pray that God will dwell in the children's hearts even though they are separated from each other. What many of them knew as family has been changed dramatically. Yet, God is so faithful and so good and so real that I know God will use the children to further His kingdom no matter where the children are. He ordained each of them as His light...His fireflies. Thank you, Jesus, for being our light and being the light for the children.

Blessings,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment