Sunday, October 3, 2010

In preparation for a trip...even if you aren't going

God is preparing the upcoming trip to Haiti on October 11-18. How does God prepare for the trip? By preparing the hearts and minds of all of the team members that are going. God also prepares the Haitian orphans and the adults as they receive blessings both physical and spiritual once the team arrives.

How does God use those of us that are not going on the trip? What is our involvement on this very important journey to Haiti? Do we even need to be involved? Proverbs 16:3 says "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." So, guess what? The exciting part about God is that He involves all of us in His plans for this world.

Those of us that are not on the physical journey to Haiti can commit to being involved to help with God's plan for the orphanage! God has given me hints to His needs for my commitment to the orphans even though I have not ever step foot on Haitian soil. Many times when I am eating breakfast, a thought about the orphans jumps in my mind. I pray right away for them. I will be teaching in the middle of the day and an image of an orphan from St.Louis that I have not ever met before will pop in my head. I pray right away. At nighttime, I look outside and wonder if the children are tucked in their beds. I pray for them. Each time I feel as sense of peace. God reminds me in my busy day that He needs prayer warriors for the orphans. Prayers that are said even without knowing the details of what to pray. God is in the details.

Whether you are reading this as part of the Haiti team leaving in eight days or whether you just have a heart for the orphans... God needs you. Ask God to help you know what to do to help Him prepare for the upcoming missions trip. There is no doubt in my mind that the team, orphans, and those affiliated with the orphanage will feel your involvement as they commit to the Lord the plans they have for the trip.

In Jesus' Holy name,
Amy Newberry

No comments:

Post a Comment